Scientific participation in 2017 Special Oral Communications and e-posters
Extract from SOFCOT Rules:
« Communications of the French teams must include among authors at least one member of the SOFCOT. »
« All work printed or presented a year earlier to an associate or partner cannot be presented to Congress. »
« Any presentation or e-mail uninsured by the main author or by one of his co-authors will result in the exclusion of the concerned following two years. »
It is necessary that you comply with the following guidelines:
- Your text should not exceed 400 words. Your application must be presented as a text with simple spacing. It can be written in English.
- Reporting the results of a clinical or experimental research, it must be presented according to the following plan:
- Introduction that outline the established facts on the subject and especially the goal of your work.
- Clinical and experimental study material describing the population or the sample.
- Operating methods, measuring, clinical evaluation, experimental, etc.
- Results reported without comment or discussion.
- Discussion on the answer to the purpose of the work, the methodology used, the position of the provided information with respect to previously published work.
- Conclusion for possible prospective deductions and clinical implications of experimental research.
- You must specify the type of desired presentation (oral communication or e-mail) and thematic topics (listed on the online form).
- A team will present more than 3 communications per theme + 1 potential other under the theme of the year + 1 other research.
- The choice of communication is anonymous, the title and text of the abstract must not contain any reference to identify the origin of the work or study. All co-authors must agree with the submitted abstract.
Any breach of these rules will prevent the Reading Committee from noting and thus retain communication. If your communication is successful, the summary will be inserted in the congress smartphone application.
Instructions for submission of abstracts
- Abstract Title: Never in all caps. Only capital letters required by international standards are accepted (acronyms, abbreviations ...)
- Author(s) of the abstract: Name and Surname never all caps
- Email: All unidentifiable addresses - in which the author's name does not appear, eg "email@example.com" - will be systematically deleted
- Body of abstract: Structured with headings (eg., "Introduction", "Materials and Methods" ...). The headings are separated from the paragraphs by italic text titles and by a space, but not by any punctuation. The headings should never be all caps but only an initial capital letter and no other enrichment than italics.